Please book through this link for Lesli’s personal booking system and schedule.
Lesli has always been interested in health and wellness finding her way to massage therapy through her own personal healing journey. While recovering from injuries, massage therapy played a vital role in her return to health and wellness. This process has given her a greater appreciation and empathy for others who are experiencing their own struggles and challenges with their injuries and road to health.
A graduate of the University of Western Ontario with a B.A. in Psychology and a Diploma in Honors Standing in Physical Education, she enrolled in West Coast of Massage Therapy and never looked back. Since Lesli’s graduation in 1997, her passion for knowledge in this field has not wavered, leading her to postgraduate studies in a variety of areas:
– Cranial Sacral Therapy and Craniomandibular Orthopedics: effective for head trauma, headaches and TMJ/jaw problems
– Muscle Energy Technique: a gentle way to realign the pelvis, spine and ribs
– Visceral (organ) Manipulation: musculoskeletal pain, postural distortions and joint dysfunctions can stem from restrictions, adhesions with the organs, therefore, visceral manipulation is an important consideration for optimal health.
– Myofascial Therapy: releasing fascial adhesions and restrictions will allow greater ease of movement in the body, resulting in a decrease in discomfort, stiffness and pain as well as enhancing a greater sense of well being.
– Muscle Balance and Function Development: rehabilitation exercises
When does Lesli use one technique over another? That depends on the patient, and no two are alike. Lesli takes a holistic approach, considers your unique history, determines the cause and source of an issue, then works with you to help you meet your health and wellness goals.
In addition to her own practice, Lesli is also a teaching assistant for the following postgraduate courses: Cranial Therapy, Simply TMJ (joint) Dysfunction, Muscle Energy Technique for pelvis and spine, Osteopathic Technique and Postural Assessment.
When not having fun at work, Lesli enjoys pottery, curling, pilates and yoga, cross country skiing, knitting, and gardening
“Lesli has successfully seen me through both acute injuries with intensive treatment schedules as well as regular maintenance treatments to deal with aches and pains that build up from too much desk sitting. In each case, she listens, asks appropriate questions, and has a great eye for visual assessment to really get to the source of the problem (or problems!) presenting that day. She uses a variety of techniques, and even the subtle ones have left me with lasting results after a treatment. I would highly recommend her care – thanks Lesli!”
“Lesli Smith has treated my neck, back, shoulder and hip injuries that were caused by three separate ‘rear-enders’ starting in 2010 through 2013. I’ve recovered from most of my symptoms in large part due to Lesli’s cranial sacral therapy treatments, massage therapy treatments and specific exercises she’s recommended. I have found during sessions with Lesli that her wellness and health insights and her positive energy are helpful as well. Thank you for your great care Lesli!”
“Lesli has been integral to my healing and my health maintenance for many years. She has extraordinary skills in assessment and treatment and is very engaged in furthering these through ongoing education and seminars. She is interested and invested in each person that enters her practice.”
Thanks so much