Born and raised in Nova Scotia, Alanna moved to British Columbia in 2009 to pursue a career in the health care field. Since becoming a Registered Massage Therapist, she has gained valuable clinical experience by working alongside other health care professionals and is passionate in helping a diverse patient base ranging from desk workers to professional and amateur athletes to palliative care needs of adults and children. She has been successful in providing relief for a wide range of conditions such as migraine headaches, whiplash, tendonitis, arthritis, torticollis, frozen shoulder, fibromyalgia, sports injuries, as well as many other common conditions related to soft tissue and joint dysfunction.
“I am constantly humbled and grateful to be a part of improving the quality of another’s life”. Alanna believes that “every individual will present differently with a different history and their treatment should be based on assessing the whole person. I try my best to listen to the patients concerns so I can identify and eliminate the root cause of those symptoms in the most safe and effective way”.
Utilizing a clinical treatment approach which includes assessment, history intake, patient education, physical rehabilitation, combined with massage as essential elements in the treatment and prevention of injury. She looks forward to creating an individualized treatment plan to help you achieve your health and wellness goals!
- 2011 West Coast College of Massage Therapy Graduate of the 3000 hour program
- 2012 CMTBC Registered Massage Therapist
- Member of the Massage Therapists Association of BC
- Member of the College of Massage Therapists of BC
- Currently completing a Health Science degree
- 2013 Certified Function Range Release Spine Provider
- 2013 Recertified CPR Level “C” and AED
- 2012, 2013 Seasons with the CFL’s B.C Lions Football Club
- 2013 Davis Cup of Tennis
- 2011 Vancouver Marathon
- 2010 Osoyoos Half Iron Man Competition
- 2013, 2014 Canuck Place Children’s Hospice Volunteer